Take the next step! Become a Certified Professional Horticulturist.
There are two sets of study materials you will need to purchase as study guides to prepare for the CPH Exam.
A) Sustainable Gardening Handbook
(ordered from OSU)
EM8742: Sustainable Gardening: The Oregon-Washington Master Gardener Handbook
Order on-line at http://extension.oregonstate.edu/catalog/abstract.php?seriesno=EM+8742
(in the search field type in EM8742)
Oregon State University
Cost: $30.00 plus tax and shipping
B) WSNLA Provided Study Materials.
CPH Plant Identification List
Naming of Plants
FAQs about the CPH Program
- How often is the CPH Exam given?
Currently, the test is given twice a year: the third Wednesday of March and the third Wednesday of October. Locations vary.
- Do I need to have the 2000 hours of professional experience before I can take the Exam?
No, you have 2 years to meet the professional experience requirement after you pass the Exam.
- I’m self-employed, how do I meet my professional experience requirement to be certified?
You will need to document your jobs and hours. Most summarize past invoices to document work experience.
- When do I need to have my credits to renew?
Check the date at the bottom of your most recent CPH certificate or name badge.
- What are the renewal requirements once I have earned my CPH certification?
15 continuing education credits every 3 years and an annual CPH fee. To view the CPH Credit Policy, click here.