On June 23, 2016, the department adopted amendments to chapter 16-752 WAC that include adding the fo
Monday, August 22, 2016
Posted by: Breanne Chavez
On June 23, 2016, the department adopted amendments to chapter 16-752 WAC that include adding the following species to the noxious weed seed and plant quarantine:
- butterfly bush (Buddleja davidii), except for sterile hybrid cultivars;
- yellow archangel (Lamiastrum galeobdolon);
- lesser celandine (Ficaria verna);
- all nonnative hawkweed species and hybrids (Hieracium spp.);
- Senegal tea plant (Gymnocoronis spilanthoides); and
- Australian water clover (Marsilea mutica).
The amendments also include clarifying what are regulated articles and the fees charged for compliance agreements.
Adoption Date: June 23, 2016 Effective Date: July 24, 2016
Attached is the updated WSDA Prohibited Plants brochure.
WA State Dept of Agriculture
Plant Protection Division
Plant Services Program